Thursday, November 20, 2014

The IZZY Ex~perience: DAKOTA

Dakota was (literally) a starving artist and an aspiring filmmaker. For our anniversary dinner, he took me to Pup 'n' Taco. Here's how that went down:

"Where else can you get food this delicious for under $1.29?" I was trying to be a good sport about my hot dog, salsa, and cheese inside a hard taco shell.
"$1.29?" Dakota asked.
"Yeah."
"Oh no."
"What's wrong?"
"I thought it was under one dollar."
"That's for the pup or the taco."
Dakota emptied his pockets of all of his change. "I'm sorry, Izabela. I didn't bring enough. This was supposed to be my treat."

This solidified my decision to become a yuppy and subsequently leave Dakota behind. Do you want to know how he turned out? Dakota is an eight time Academy Award winner for special effects. And, no, he never once thanked his ex-girlfriend, Izabela Paisley (me), from film school.

No comments:

Post a Comment